Have you always been renting or leasing property for your commercial business? Perhaps you’re looking to start your business and need a place, or you’ve simply outgrown your current location and need a new development. Whatever the case may be, buying commercial land is a great way to invest in your growing business. Our commercial Realtors in Brockton can help you acquire the land suitable for your needs — all it takes is six steps!
How to Buy Commercial Land in 6 Steps
- Hire A Real Estate Agent. Quinn & Associates provides professional commercial Real estate services for those looking for commercial or industrial land for sale in Brockton and the rest of the South Shore area. We encourage business owners to seek a professional Realtor due to the complicated process of price negotiations. We also have access to industry resources and the latest listings that you may not be able to find otherwise.
- Determine Property Requirements. After contacting one of our commercial Realtors, it’s time to discuss what your needs are. Be sure to tell us the lot size or building size, intended use for the property, ideal location or town, utilities that need to be installed as well as other details such as zoning and property condition.
- Pre-Approval Letter. A pre-approval letter is a document you’ll receive from your bank or other lender. You’ll need to be sure to have this on hand before looking at existing commercial properties as this can help you and our professional Realtors in the price negotiation process. This comes in handy if the commercial property you’re looking at needs to be improved.
- Make An Offer! This is the exciting — and daunting — part of the commercial property purchasing process. Once you’ve settled on your ideal plot of land or existing building, we’ll work with you to get a land valuation and a Land Information Memorandum. Our Realtors will also be making Comparative Market Analysis so you can compare other similarly sized and priced properties. Once you have enough data to work with, Quinn & Associates will work with you to decide on a reasonable offer on the property.
- Negotiations. After sending in your initial offer, don’t be surprised if the seller’s own Real estate agent comes back with a counter-offer. In the greater Boston area, commercial property can be difficult to find, making the buyer’s market very competitive. However, Quinn & Associates has over 30 years of negotiating experience, so we’ll work with you and the seller and come to a fair agreement.
- Due Diligence. After the negotiation process is complete and the seller has accepted your offer, there’s a due diligence period. During this period reports on the property need to be obtained, an environmental and building inspection should be made, as well as appraisals, zoning permits and surveying.
If you’re in the market for a new space for your commercial or industrial business, contact Quinn & Associates today. Our professional Realtors are personable and knowledgeable about the greater Boston area commercial market. Whether you need land or an existing building, we’ll make sure you find what you’re looking for.