Have you just purchased a new office building or industrial building that could use an interior makeover? Re-doing an office space will not only improve the building value, but also the quality of life for your employees once the project is complete. We’re sure you’ve heard of Google or Wayfair’s interior office spaces, but there’s no need to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to revamp the whole space. Instead, we recommend picking and choosing a few of the following trends if you’re on a budget.
Popular Modern Office Design Trends
- Multi-Purpose Work Spaces. Multipurpose work spaces are perfect for meetings both large or small as well as for individuals to seek some new scenery if they are having trouble focusing at their original desk. Large L-shaped couches surrounding a massive coffee table allow for employees to bounce ideas off each other in a comfortable and inclusive environment. Many companies are also opting for adjustable desks for their employees, as well as large rooms that can double as a small corporate event space or a fitness room.
- Separate Lounge Areas. After an influx of complaints from many employees about working in stressful environments, many businesses have opted for installing a designated lounge area. It might be a good idea to contact an interior design company in order for the room to feel relaxing, warm, and inviting for people to use. Don’t forget to include couches, over-sized chairs, and of course a WiFi hotpot so employees can do some work while they’re in there.
- Shared Tables. Community tables isn’t a new concept. In fact, these are appearing in beer halls, restaurants, and parks, so why not in an office setting? Employees are increasingly asking for a space in which they can interact with their coworkers. Whether you put this shared table in the kitchen or cafeteria or in the break room or foyer, the concept is the same: creating a sense of togetherness. For those with a large number of employees, we recommend opting for 3-5 different community tables strategically placed throughout the building.
- De-Cluttered Work Spaces. As we continually move into a more digital lifestyle, there is less need for filing cabinets, massive printers or fax machines and landline office phones. Businesses are not only looking to reduce clutter, but also to reduce overhead costs. Having less stuff on one’s desk can also reduce stress an anxiety, so it’s time to say goodbye to the nest of wires and dock stations. Instead look for office furniture that looks to hide or significantly reduce visible wires and other clutter.
- Flora & Nature-Inspired Textures. Did you know that plants can improve indoor air quality? Look into purchasing a few indoor plants and placing them throughout communal spaces. No one wants to be reminded that they are cooped up indoors for 8+ hours at a time, so why not bring the outdoors in? Aside from well-placed plants, opt for natural wood paneling or natural stone accent walls to make the office appear less stark. If you have the space, you can even install a living wall, fountain or fireplace.
Keep in mind that you don’t need to opt for every suggestion on this list when it comes to improving your new office space. Just a few upgrades every couple of years can make the difference! If you’re looking for a new office building or industrial space for your business, contact our commercial Realtors in Brockton MA today or check out our properties online.